Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Personal Challenge for 2011 Part Two: Emotional

This year I have decided to get myself Relationally, Emotionally, Spiritually and Physically in shape for the use of God.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 says “…do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your Body.”

I believe that working on all these aforementioned things and getting them in shape will bring glory to God in my life. I realize that something this big in my life needs to be chronicled for my sake but also for the sake of others. For the journey itself could be a blessing to others. So, I will chronicle my journey right here on this blog for the 8 of you that may care ☺. I started this process New Years Day. So, let me take a couple of days to catch you up to where I am.


Emotional:
➪ I began meeting with a Counselor at the end of last year
o He has helped my work on my anger problem that caused the above event and has caused issues for me at work. We discovered that I am a perfectionist, which he says is one of the worst things a person can be because you can never enjoy anything you do because you always see the flaws. Praise God this year I have been able to be okay with mistakes and I have been able to recognize things that ignite that anger inside me go through process of evaluation that diffuses me.

Tune in tomorrow for my "Spiritual" progress!

2 comments:

  1. I admire you posting your journey online for others to read. I have been doing a similar thing, counseling, reading books and writing journals. I would like to share a book with you that I've read, that may be a help in the area of perfectionism, which I have also struggled with. Diane D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog Marcus. I think it's wonderful. Shane and I try to start each year with a goal in similar categories. Also I love 1 Corinthian 6!! We have been teaching the kids how our bodies are temples as soon as they have attention span. It helps lexi to understand many things including modesty!
    I can't wait to see you and Lisa again on a Sunday morning when I come back to visit.
    Keep up the good work!
    -hol

    ReplyDelete