Monday, March 7, 2011

My Personal Challenge for 2011 Part Four: Physical

This year I have decided to get myself Relationally, Emotionally, Spiritually and Physically in shape for the use of God.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 says “…do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your Body.”

I believe that working on all these aforementioned things and getting them in shape will bring glory to God in my life. I realize that something this big in my life needs to be chronicled for my sake but also for the sake of others. For the journey itself could be a blessing to others. So, I will chronicle my journey right here on this blog for the 8 of you that may care ☺. I started this process New Years Day. So, let me take a couple of days to catch you up to where I am. Here is the last part.


Physically:
➪ I started working out 6 days a week with P90X and really watching what I am putting into my body and how much of it.
o As of today I have lost 19 lbs since the beginning of the year!! I have gone from 210 to 191 and strangely no one has noticed. I don’t know what that means about the way I looked before ☺ I’ve dropped two pant sizes and I am fitting into clothes I haven’t wore in two years! (Why do I feel like I am doing a commercial for slimfast ☺ )
➪ 1 Cor. 9:26 “so I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.”
o I have really been looking at my body and asking, “when someone looks at how I look and what I eat, is God glorified?” How can I stand up in front of people and challenge them to love God with everything when I can even practice the fruit of self-control in the area of my eating? Now I am eating to live, instead of living to eat.
• I realized that I was a Glutton. I was eating passed the point of satisfaction and in doing so taking food out of the mouth of others, Who did not even have enough to be satisfied. The more I consume the less there is for others. That is one part of my sin in Glutton
• Part Two is that I was eating as if I didn’t think I would eat again. This was not a conscious thought I had, but a revelation to me of a weakness in my general faith in God
o I ate so much because I didn’t believe that God would provide my next meal so I had to eat two or three meals at a time so I could ensure I would be good for awhile. I know it sounds silly but this was a faith issue and one that the Israelites struggled with in the Wilderness. God told them to only gather enough Manna for one day. This was not to be mean but to build up there faith that He would provide again the next day. This lack of faith in my eating also transfers to what I do with money. I try to store it all up just in case God doesn’t come through.
• Anyway, I have realized that how much I eat is a faith issue and so in controlling my eating I am growing closer to God in Faith.
• I also love to get up and work out. I have done P90X before and not had anywhere close to this success because I was doing it for me only. Now I see getting into shape as testimony to the power of God in my life for others and that pushing me through times in my workout that would have sidelined me before.

This is my journey so far and it has only been two months. I can’t wait to see what the next months hold!! Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment