Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My 2011 Personal Challenge Part One

This year I have decided to get myself Relationally, Emotionally, Spiritually and Physically in shape for the use of God.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 says “…do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your Body.”

I believe that working on all these aforementioned things and getting them in shape will bring glory to God in my life. I realize that something this big in my life needs to be chronicled for my sake but also for the sake of others. For the journey itself could be a blessing to others. So, I will chronicle my journey right here on this blog for the 8 of you that may care ☺. I started this process New Years Day. So, let me take a couple of days to catch you up to where I am.

Relational:
➪ My Brother and I have had an estranged relationship for close to 20 years because of a fistfight that happened between us when I was 14 yrs old. Through this journey God revealed that I was at fault for what happened. I got angry, which is okay, but in my anger I sinned by throwing a book at him that hit him in the face. Over the years I have blamed him for what he was doing that made me that angry. But the truth of it is that my actions are the only ones I can control and in that moment I lost control and Sinned. I had never asked God for forgiveness or my Brother. In January I did both and was forgiven by both. My brother said “I feel like a weight has been lifted off of me.” We have had rough times of the passed 20 years but I blame myself for all of the hurtful things we did and said to each other because I was the one that was continuing to allow the devil to reign in that part of my life. Incidentally, estranged sibling relationships are not new in my family. My father has problems with his siblings as well. I believe to some extent that the same demon that powers that estrangement was passed on to my siblings and I. Praise God that he revealed that evil me and now that generational curse has been brought to the light and exposed so now boys and his kids do have it lurking around anymore. I was embarrassed that I had not seen it in my life before, but feel blessed that now my brother and I can start again in love.

Tune in tomorrow for my Emotional progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment